[Debconfsubs-team] we want you ☞ (debconf subtitles effort)

alberto fuentes pajaro at gmail.com
Mon Aug 25 16:07:38 UTC 2014

Did you ever wanted to help but werent sure what to do? we want you!

We are trying to create subtitles for the debconf talks. Theres no
technical requirement at all and you might learn a couple of technical
things after you are done if you want!

As a perk, you will have early access to debconf videos (did somebody
say they wanted to attend to 2 talks at the same time?)

You only need to either :
 * join to irc #debconf-subs [0]
 * join the mailing list debconfsubs-team [1]
 * mail me

shouting one of these:
 * I want to do one of the jobs listed below for this particular talk
because i loved it!
 * I want to help but im not sure what to do!
 * I know what I want to do, but not sure how to do it!
 * I was able to access the talks thanks to you guys, im so happy!

Theres even people that has already picked a talk that hasnt happen yet to sub

There are 4 kind of jobs:
 * create transcripts of the talks
 * syncing transcrips with the video
 * correcting subs. Basically a second pass to correct errors
 * translations to your local language (even tho this is wishful
thinking, is it? :)

To create transcripts of the videos you only need to open a txt file
and write what you listen. its that simple!

Put a new line after what would fit on screen aproximately. Some ?? if
you dont understand something (some native can correct it afterwards).

Ill help you to save the talk if it hasnt happen yet or give access to
the video afterwards if it has already happened

sounds easy enough? join now!

[0] irc://#debconf-subs
[1] https://lists.alioth.debian.org/mailman/listinfo/debconfsubs-team