[Debian-astro-maintainers] python-astropy and matplotlib unit tests

Leo P. Singer leo.p.singer at nasa.gov
Tue Feb 21 23:40:27 UTC 2017

> "Ole Streicher" <olebole at debian.org> writes:
>
>> "Leo P. Singer" <leo.p.singer at nasa.gov> writes:
>> I noticed that some of python-astropy's unit tests use matplotlib via
>> pytest-mpl (https://github.com/astrofrog/pytest-mpl), but there is no
>> pytest-mpl Debian package. I assume that this means that the plotting
>> unit tests are not being run as part of the Debian build? Would it be
>> desirable to have pytest-mpl packaged?
>
> Short answer: yes, it is worth it. Plotting unit tests that depend on
> pytest-mpl are not run in the moment.
>
> I would sponsor the first upload and then directly give you upload right
> for the package.

Hi Ole,

I am attaching a patch (git-am style) that enables pytest-mpl tests for python-astropy. However, I have just now realized that all of the matplotlib unit tests are skipped anyway because they use remote data. Oops!

Also, I've uploaded a rebuild for jessie-backports to mentors.debian.net. Would you please upload it?

https://mentors.debian.net/package/pytest-mpl

Thanks,
Leo