[Debian-coldfire-devel] booting the zoom board

Christian T. Steigies cts at debian.org
Sun Jan 29 00:29:10 UTC 2006

Hi,
I just powered up my Zoom board for the first time. The FireEngine board has
to be pressed pretty hard to be properly connected to the baseboard..
connected the serial port to a PC, started minicom and set the right speed,
eh voila, works as described. I started the LogicLoader and wanted to mount
a CF (that is compact flash) card on the CF board, but it told me I don't
have the CPLD code. If I read that correctly, I have to sign a pretty nasty
document and pay a quarterly fee as well as send all my source to logic to
get that code? I don't think that is something I want to do... any other way
to use the CF card? I haven't tried the (parallel) BDM yet, etherboot could
be a possibility. Boy, even just to get an account at logic to download the
software, I need to sign an agreement, and they want me to remove the
fireengine from the baseboard again, since te serial is printed on the
backside... anybody made more progress than me already?

Christian