[Debian-coldfire-devel] Progress?

Sven Luther sven.luther at wanadoo.fr
Fri Jun 2 12:50:30 UTC 2006

On Fri, Jun 02, 2006 at 12:42:54PM +0200, Aurélien GÉRÔME wrote:
> My wide guess is Freescale stopped to sell the lite board, because
> it was MCF5484-based and they just released a new MCF5485 processor
> which they sell with the "full" board, known as EVB, at $850 all
> stuff included.

Nope, the xxx5 version is the one enhanced with the crypto unit, while the
xxx4 one is the one without them, like the xx7x is the commercial temp one,
while the xx8x is the industrial temp one.

These are just 4 versions of the same product in their product matrix.

My guess is they just ran out of stock or something, and you need to pass
through a distributor to get at them, often with 4+ weeks delivery time.

Friendly,

Sven Luther