[Debian-eeepc-devel] Custom resume's script

InSa insa_hc at yahoo.it
Wed Jul 16 14:50:39 UTC 2008

Hello everyone,

first of all thank you for your great job. I've installed debian on my
eeepc 900 and except internal microphone [1] everything works out of the
box.

Now I'm trying to automatically unlock my gnome-keyring everytime I
resume from hibernate so network-manager-gnome doesn't ask me the
keyring's password. I've done a little python script and added it
to my gnome's startup's script to do the same thing on boot
(libpam-gnome-keyring doesn't work with gdm-autologin) and it works
perfectly. This is the script:

-----/home/MYUSER/.bin/unlock_keyring.py-----
#!/usr/bin/env python
import gtk
import gnomekeyring
if __name__ == '__main__':
    gnomekeyring.unlock_sync('KEYRING', 'PASSWORD')

Now I'd like to use it also to unlock the keyring when my eeepc
resume, so the new script should be something like:

#!/bin/bash
su MYUSER -c "/home/MYUSER/.bin/unlock_keyring.py" -

but I don't find out where to put it to get it runned when my eeepc
resume.

So the question is: where do I put custom resume's script?

Thank you and bye.
InSa

[1] Solved applying this patch http://snipurl.com/2zjcu to the kernel.