[Debian-eeepc-devel] wireless power off and on

Jeff Sadowski jeff.sadowski at gmail.com
Wed Feb 25 22:04:38 UTC 2009

I am using Kubuntu 8.10 on the eeepc 1000h
I found this page here
http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=500366 that mentions
something similar but for a 901
I tried loading the hp pcie modules but no luck I can not reconnect
when I turn back on the power to the wireless card.

root at jeeeff:~# uname -a
Linux jeeeff 2.6.27-11-generic #1 SMP Thu Jan 29 19:24:39 UTC 2009
i686 GNU/Linux

would loading the vmlinuz-2.6.27-8-eeepc kernel help? was there any
changes to the rt2860sta module in that kernel?

Here is what I tried
echo 0  > /sys/devices/platform/eeepc/wlan
echo 1 > /sys/device/platform/eeepc/wlan
iwlist scan return the previous scan but it doesn't really scan
when I do ifconfig ra0 down; ifconfig ra0 up
I get the error

SIOCSIFFLAGS: Operation not permitted

iwlist show no networks found.

I put I did [echo "pciehp pciehp_force=1 pciehp_slot_with_bus=1" >
/etc/modules] did a fresh reboot and I tried ifconfig ra0 down; rmmod
rt2860sta; modprobe rt2860; no luck.

I still get

SIOCSIFFLAGS: Operation not permitted

This is a fresh install of kubuntu with
ii  rt2860sta-dkms                             1.8LK
                    rt2860sta driver inDKMS format.

What else is there to try? How can I search this mailing list for my answers