[Debian-eeepc-devel] soft keys stop working

Frédéric Boiteux fboiteux at calistel.com
Tue Jul 28 06:42:01 UTC 2009

Le Mon, 27 Jul 2009 18:53:36 +0200,
Thiemo Nagel <thiemo.nagel at ph.tum.de> a écrit :

> Do you remember the kernel versions under which you have had the
> problem?

I'm using 2.6.30 from Debian backports.

Le Mon, 27 Jul 2009 17:42:46 -0300,
Ben Armstrong <synrg at sanctuary.nslug.ns.ca> a écrit :

> On Mon, 27 Jul 2009 13:46:54 -0300
> Ben Armstrong <synrg at sanctuary.nslug.ns.ca> wrote:
> > Check to see if acpid has died.  If it has, start it again:
> >
> > /etc/init.d/acpid start
> >
> > If your acpid is too old, you might have this problem.  See
> > http://wiki.debian.org/DebianEeePC/HowTo/Upgrade

Perhaps acpid was dead. I'm using acpid and eeepc-acpi-scripts packages
from testing (on my almost Lenny system), but I remember I had this
problem after a package upgrade : perhaps the acpi daemon had died
keys was detected (without success), but didn't check about acpid
existence, I take note, thanks !

	Fred.