[Debian-eeepc-devel] debian on eeepc 1201N

giggzounet giggzounet at gmail.com
Sat Jan 2 14:54:18 UTC 2010

Hi,

I'm new on this list. I have now an eeepc 1201N and i'm trying to
install debian on it...So I choose debian stable (lenny) with backports
and few unstable packages. this eeepc ist very new, so it's normal...it
doesn't work out of the box ;) So a few questions :

- I can't code anything, but I can test patches and packages. So is it
the right place on this list to contribute to the support for this eeepc ?

- the 1201N has an atom 330 processor. The frequency scaling doesn't
work with all the AMD64 kernels I have tested (2.6.26 (lenny), 2.6.30
(backports), 2.6.32 (unstable)) : which cpufreq module are you using on
your eeepc ? the p4-clockmod ? because this module is disabled on amd64
debian kernel...
is it possible to scale the frequency on the atom 330 ?

- the hotkeys don't work with all the AMD64 kernels I have tested
(2.6.26 (lenny), 2.6.30 (backports), 2.6.32 (unstable)). And with the
last one 2.6.32 the eeepc_laptop module doen't want to "modprobe".

So what could I do in order to help ? should I write a bug report the
the debian kernel ? Or direct contact the kernel dev ?

Thx a lot
Best regards,
Guillaume