[Debian-eeepc-devel] Wrong keyboard after start of X

Hans-J. Ullrich hans.ullrich at loop.de
Mon Jan 18 18:49:51 UTC 2010

Hi all,
I discovered, that the keymap changed from German to something (I believe it
is Croatien), when X is started (soon after started KDM).

I berlieve, this is because of the Intel chipset, which is also reconfigured by
xserver-xorg to another vesa mode.

It is well seen, when German umlauts are fine, when kdm is not started, but as
soon it is started, German umlauts change to something undefined.

Doing "loadkeys de" then, does not help! But /etc/init.d/keymap.sh restart
helps. So my workaround:

ln -s /etc/init.d/keymap.sh /etc/rc2.d/S05keymap.sh

Do this in every runlevel you need. It is just a startlink set soon after kdm
is started.

Works fine for me.

Best regards

Hans-J. Ullrich