[Debian-eeepc-devel] Keyboard issue for Germanb keyboard

Hans-J. Ullrich hans.ullrich at loop.de
Tue Jan 26 19:50:48 UTC 2010

Dear list,

I just checked out, that on an EEEPC 1005H installing the packages console-
common and console-tools interfere with the package keyboard-configuration.
Although all packages can be installed, the result is not satisfactory. Some
Gerfman umlauts could not be accessed (for German readers: ö and ü), and I got
no way to get them activated. Although the German umlaut "ä" was able to get
accessed.

I tried hard with any configuration with no succcess! But when I deinstalled
console-common and console-tools (and both purged), everything is working
perfectly! So, do not waste your time, when you installed above packages, to
setup the German keyboard: You will fail.

I suggest these combination of packages to work best: keyboard-configuration +
console-data + console-setup + kbd

Good luck! More feedback will follow...

Hans-J. Ullrich