[Debian-eeepc-devel] Success report for playing YouTube WebM video on Eee PC 701 4G

Paul Menzel paulepanter at users.sourceforge.net
Thu Jul 8 19:46:31 UTC 2010

Dear Debian Eee PC folks,

I just want to report that I tried to play a WebM trailer [2] on a Eee
PC 701 4G and it worked.

I do not know what was the reason, but some weeks ago when WebM was
started I think it did not work and I just saw a black rectangle.

I think the WebM version was updated and I also updated to the latest
xserver-xorg-video-intel driver from experimental [1].

Thanks to the Debian community for all the great work,

Paul

[1] http://ikibiki.org//blog/2010/07/04/We_need_you_redux/
[2] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lEk-Jiy5krI