[Debian-ha-maintainers] DLM packaging

Christoph Berg myon at debian.org
Sun Aug 30 12:32:00 BST 2015

Re: Ferenc Wagner 2015-08-29 <87oahpzrze.fsf at lant.ki.iif.hu>
> I'm packaging DLM 4.0.2. Previously, this was part of the redhat-cluster
> source package, but now it's a separate project at
> https://git.fedorahosted.org/git/dlm.git.  Shall I file an ITP for this?
> Or shall I copy the redhat-cluster changelog and continue that?

IMHO ITPs are really only useful if you 1) want to make sure no one else
would duplicate the packaging work you are planning (probably unlikely
here, and your mail here is already some sort of ITP), or 2) you want
some extra publicity on debian-devel ;).

The changelog question is orthogonal to that - if you are borrowing
code from the old debian/, I guess you should copy it, otherwise start
from scratch.

> In the future this new dlm source package will produce some of the
> binaries previously produced by redhat-cluster.  What coordination does
> this require?

If the new binaries are drop-in replacements for the old binaries
(most notably, have the same name), the only coordination needed is to
stop building them from redhat-cluster.

Christoph
--
cb at df7cb.de | http://www.df7cb.de/