[Debian-ha-maintainers] ocf:pacemaker:controld fails on Debian Jessie since dlm_controld doesn't exist

Hal Martin hal.martin at eon-offgrid.com
Mon Nov 9 09:59:12 UTC 2015

Hello,

I am trying to build a corosync+pacemaker cluster using Debian Jessie. I
would like to use clvm on an iSCSI SAN for shared storage.

When I try to define the ocf:pacemaker:controld resource, it fails:

primitive dlm ocf:pacemaker:controld \
         op monitor interval=30s on-fail=fence clone interleave=true
ordered=true

Failed actions:
     dlm_monitor_0 on hv01 'not installed' (5): call=47,
status=complete, last-rc-change='Fri Nov  6 17:07:52 2015', queued=0ms,
exec=56ms

It seems that the resource agent is expecting
/usr/sbin/dlm_controld[.pcmk] to exist, which it doesn't.

If I search for this file, it is provided by the cman package, however
from reading the documentation, it seems like cman is part of the "old
stack" and I am trying to build this using the "new stack."

apt-file search /usr/sbin/dlm_controld
cman: /usr/sbin/dlm_controld

# apt-get install cman --no-install-recommends
   cman libccs3 libdlmcontrol3 libfence4 liblogthread3 libnet-snmp-perl
libsaamf3 libsackpt3 libsaclm3 libsaevt3 libsamsg4 libsatmr3
libxml2-utils openais openipmi python-cffi python-cryptography
python-openssl python-ply python-pycparser

Could anyone tell me where I can get a modern version of dlm_controld?

Is there a "new stack" package I've somehow missed which provides this?

I have the following packages installed:
corosync:
   Installed: 2.3.4-1
   Candidate: 2.3.4-1
   Version table:
      2.3.5-3 0
         -10 http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian/ testing/main amd64 Packages
  *** 2.3.4-1 0
         900 https://ppa.mmogp.com/apt/debian/ jessie/main amd64 Packages
         100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
      1.4.6-1.1 0
         500 ftp://ftp.de.debian.org/debian/ jessie/main amd64 Packages
pacemaker:
   Installed: 1.1.12-1
   Candidate: 1.1.12-1
   Version table:
  *** 1.1.12-1 0
         900 https://ppa.mmogp.com/apt/debian/ jessie/main amd64 Packages
         100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
libqb0:
   Installed: 0.17.2.real-4
   Candidate: 0.17.2.real-4
   Version table:
  *** 0.17.2.real-4 0
         -10 http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian/ testing/main amd64 Packages
         100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
      0.17.1-1 0
         900 https://ppa.mmogp.com/apt/debian/ jessie/main amd64 Packages
      0.11.1-2 0
         500 ftp://ftp.de.debian.org/debian/ jessie/main amd64 Packages
fence-agents:
   Installed: 4.0.21-2
   Candidate: 4.0.21-2
   Version table:
  *** 4.0.21-2 0
         -10 http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian/ testing/main amd64 Packages
         100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
      4.0.17-2 0
         900 https://ppa.mmogp.com/apt/debian/ jessie/main amd64 Packages
      3.1.5-2 0
         500 ftp://ftp.de.debian.org/debian/ jessie/main amd64 Packages
clvm:
   Installed: 2.02.111-2.2
   Candidate: 2.02.111-2.2
   Version table:
      2.02.127-1 0
         -10 http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian/ testing/main amd64 Packages
  *** 2.02.111-2.2 0
         500 ftp://ftp.de.debian.org/debian/ jessie/main amd64 Packages
         100 /var/lib/dpkg/status

Thanks,
Hal Martin

--
System Engineer

E.ON Off Grid Solutions
Völklinger Straße 4
D-40219 Düsseldorf

Geschäftsführer/Managing Directors: Daniel Becker
Sitz/Registered Office: Düsseldorf
Amtsgericht/District Court: Düsseldorf
HRB 71536