[Debian-ha-maintainers] pcs: cluster init in postinst

Ferenc Wágner wferi at niif.hu
Thu Dec 8 22:14:17 UTC 2016

Valentin Vidic <Valentin.Vidic at CARNet.hr> writes:

> Ubuntu opened a bug asking for pcs to reset corosync
> configuration in postinst:

> I don't think this is a particularly good idea, but let me
> know what you think.

Hi Valentin,

https://www.debian.org/doc/debian-policy/ch-files.html#s10.7.4 clearly
excludes the proposed solution, because /etc/corosync/corosync.conf is a
conffile of the corosync package.  We can invent something, though, if
COROSYNC_MAIN_CONFIG_FILE isn't enough for pcs.  I can imagine splitting
out the init system and the configuration into some corosync-system
package or similar (like libvirt-daemon-system), which could conflict
with pcs.  If nothing else works.  I don't know pcs well enough, how
does it start corosync?
--
Regards,
Feri