[debian-lan-devel] Goals

me at medhamsh.org me at medhamsh.org
Mon Nov 14 10:07:00 UTC 2011

Hi,

As per the Project Home Page Debian-LAN aims at having
a centralized authentication system. How about having
a Mailserver, Firewall, Proxy, Jabber server for the
network?

And then it can also be a "Freedom Box" to the network
with all the properly configured iptables.

And do we intend to have web based utility for administration?
Do we start with picking some of the existing things like
cipux, webmin etc. or do we start with something new?

I want to propose a model with which all the students
in a school can have their web pages hosted in their
home directories with version control based updating
mechanism of their html pages.

May be I am sounding too diverse with different things
but I am just curious to take Debian-LAN a perfect I.T.
infrastructure solution for the academia.

-
Medhamsh