[Debian-med-packaging] Minor nitpicking about scripts in velvet tarball

Andreas Tille andreas at an3as.eu
Fri Sep 25 13:12:18 UTC 2009

Hi Daniel,

when packaging the new upstream version of velvet for Debian the policy
checker lintian detected some very minor issues.  I'd regard fixing them
anyway but I think it reasonable if you do the minor corrections
straight in your next release before I strart inventing patches for these
issues.

Lintian says:

W: velvet: script-not-executable fasta2agp/fasta2agp.pl
N:
N:    This file starts with the #! sequence that marks interpreted scripts,
N:    but it is not executable.
N:
N:    Severity: normal, Certainty: certain
N:
W: velvet: executable-not-elf-or-script layout/graph2.py
N:
N:    This executable file is not an ELF format binary, and does not start
N:    with the #! sequence that marks interpreted scripts. It might be a sh
N:    script that fails to name /bin/sh as its shell.
N:
N:    Refer to Debian Policy Manual section 10.4 (Scripts) for details.
N:
N:    Severity: normal, Certainty: certain

It would be great if you could fix the permission of the perl file and
add a "#!/usr/bin/python" in the beginning of the Python script.

Kind regards and thanks for maintaining velvet

Klarmachen zum Ändern!