[Debian-med-packaging] netcdf-java_4.3.8-BETA-1_amd64.changes REJECTED

Luca Falavigna dktrkranz at debian.org
Wed Apr 11 18:27:46 UTC 2012

Il 11/04/2012 17:15, Mathieu Malaterre ha scritto:
> Hi Luca,
>
>   Just to be sure. The file you are looking at is a "CC BY 2.5":
> http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.5/, which is different from
> the ShareAlike one (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/2.5/).

Err, yes. I'm so used to type CC-BY-SA I did that once more ;)

> "Ftpmasters have already accepted CC-by and CC-by-sa 3.0 (only 3.0,
> not 2.0 nor 2.5) into the repositories"
>
>  This is mostly the way it is spelled out, but I read it as
> "Ftpmasters have already accepted CC-by. And Ftpmasters have already
> accepted CC-by-sa 3.0"

I think it has to be considered "CC-BY or CC-BY-SA-3.0", with
CC-BY-SA-3.0 to be picked between the two. AFAICT, any 2.5 CC license is
considered non-free, and if there are examples of files licensed under
these licenses in main, it was probably an oversight rather than a
decision to allow them.