[Debian-med-packaging] netcdf-java_4.3.8-BETA-1_amd64.changes REJECTED

Charles Plessy plessy at debian.org
Thu Apr 12 10:10:02 UTC 2012

Le Thu, Apr 12, 2012 at 11:22:47AM +0200, Luca Falavigna a écrit :
> Il 12 aprile 2012 01:51, Charles Plessy <plessy at debian.org> ha scritto:
> > for the record, what are the key changes between CC-BY-2.5 and CC-BY-3.0,
> > which made 3.0 acceptable ?  I think that this kind of information may
> > help discussions with upstream developers when we ask them to relicense.
>
> I think there are several random bits scattered around debian-legal.
> I found some recaps here:
> * http://evan.prodromou.name/ccsummary/ccsummary.html
> * http://wiki.creativecommons.org/Version_3#Debian

Thanks.  I have read E. P's summary earlier and inspected the diff between
CC-BY-2.5 and CC-BY-3.0, and it was still very unclear to me which
clarifications were relevant and with were not.  The summary on CC's wiki, on
the other hand, mostly focus to say that anti-DRM clauses will not make the 3.0
lineup non-free.

Is there an autoritative document somewhere that explains what was unacceptable
in CC-BY-2.5, that was corrected in CC-BY-3.0 ?  I attached a diff...

Cheers,

--
Charles Plessy
Debian Med packaging team,