[Debian-med-packaging] spread-phy_1.0.4-1_amd64.changes REJECTED

Andreas Tille tille at debian.org
Wed Aug 1 07:41:45 UTC 2012

Hi Luca,

On Tue, Jul 31, 2012 at 07:23:56PM +0000, Luca Falavigna wrote:
> your package depends on libcolt-java (which is non-free), but it's targeted to
> main. It should be contrib, at least.

Uhmmm, this is correct.  I somehow this last tiny bit would only make
beast-mcmc "dirty" - thanks for spotting.

> Also, several files seems licensed under LGPL-2+, not LGPL-3+, at least
> according to license headers in them.

Here I have a question:  If the header in the file says:

 * published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2
 * of the License, or (at your option) any later version.

and the main licensing file says LGPL-3+ - in how far do I need to
explicitely specify LGPL-2+.  In my opinion this would make the
intention of the ending '+' void.  IMHO the main license file does
express an opinion which says LGPL-3+ and thus all those files become
automatically LGPL-3+.

Please feel free to discuss this at any more apropriate place if
you think this is not correct.

Kind regards