[Debian-med-packaging] hmmer2_2.3.2-6_amd64.changes REJECTED

Andreas Tille andreas at an3as.eu
Tue Aug 7 12:50:49 UTC 2012

Hi,

On Tue, Aug 07, 2012 at 02:05:34PM +0200, Laszlo Kajan wrote:
> So ok, both hmmer2 and hmmer (3.0, in main) have this problem. Apparently this slipped through before, but not now.

Seems to be the case.

> There are sources for Userguide.pdf in [1].
>
> My understanding of the policy [2] is that in case the source package contains Userguide.pdf without sources, the source pack can not be in
> main. Is this correct?

Yes.

> I am going to email [3] and ask for the inclusion of the Userguide.pdf source in the tarball they distribute.

That's probably a good idea even if I doubt that upstream will follow
this request for hmmer2.

> But for now, what should I do?:
>
> * Repack the source of hmmer and hmmer2 without Userguide.pdf?

This would work but when it is about repackaging (which is IMHO the only
way out for now), why not rather adding the sources than removing the
binary (for sure after having clarified that the sources do feature a
free license as well)?

When using xz compression the resulting size might even be shrinked if
you are lucky.

Kind regards