[Debian-med-packaging] Packaging by students

Olivier Sallou olivier.sallou at irisa.fr
Fri Jun 29 14:28:15 UTC 2012

Le 6/29/12 4:13 PM, Laszlo Kajan a écrit :
> Hello Andreas!
>
> I would like to ask your opinion: my students will be packaging some Perl modules and scripts as part of the whole PredictProtein packaging effort.
>
> The question is:
>
> * Could these packages go to the Debian Med team instead of the pkg-perl team for convenience?
>
> It really is about convenience: it would just be much easier for me and my students to keep this together at one team. I will of course apply
> what I learn from the Perl team to these packages as well.
>
> What do you think?
If those packages are related to available CPAN modules, I really think
they should go to the Perl team. They have the Perl knowledge (language
and policy) and already manage CPAN modules. I don't think getting some
perl modules in different repo (in svn way) is a good idea.
For Perl packages, when a package is set to unstable in Changelog it
goes to a "queue" waiting for a review/upload of the Perl team (though
it does not prevent a previous review by someone from Debian Med).

Olivier