[Debian-med-packaging] buildlogs and what to do with errors

Maarten L. Hekkelman m.hekkelman at cmbi.ru.nl
Tue May 22 14:03:48 UTC 2012

Op 22-5-2012 15:33, Andreas Tille schreef:
> On Tue, May 22, 2012 at 03:27:45PM +0200, Maarten L. Hekkelman wrote:
>>>
>>> Cool!
>>
>> Wait, I don't know if the fixes I have will actually work. Problem
>> is, I don't have a s390 under my desk so I cannot easily test my
>> code. Is there another way to find out apart from simply checking in
>> and hoping it will work?
>
> If you consider somehow "good chances" to work I would try.  We could
> ask porters of these architectures afterwards if you failed in fixing.
> For the lucky case that it works this will safe time for all people
> involved.

Well, lets try it then. I believe the patches should work. If not, I
will have to change the upstream code. (Will have to do that anyway, but
I'd rather collect some more changes before releasing another version.)

I checked in the patches and added hardening flags since I now know how
to do that. I even documented both. Could you please upload this new
version?

Best regards,

-maarten