[Debian-med-packaging] MNE v0.8 packaging

Andreas Tille andreas at fam-tille.de
Sat Aug 2 14:33:12 UTC 2014

Hi Alexandre,

On Sat, Aug 02, 2014 at 03:42:07PM +0200, Alexandre Gramfort wrote:
> hi Andreas,
>
> I think I pushed a fix.
>
> Sorry for the noob question but what do you mean by "you can avoid
> this kind of problems when using `dch` to edit
> the changelog" ? how does the packaging system run the tests?

Well, the packaging had tow problems:

  1. The changelog was simply wrong and dch would help you creating
     proper changelog entries.  Unfortunately I forgit to push my
     latest change.  Please check

       git diff HEAD^^ changelog

     It removes unreleased changelog entries (the latest Debian
     release was 0.7.3-1 and now we are attempting to upload
     0.8.2-1 and even more importantly notice the "-1" behind the
     upstream version.

  2. One of the tests failed and this has nothing to do at all
     with the broken changelog.

> Can I check myself if the package built?

Well, hmmm, yes!  Its free software, right. B-)

To be honest:  I simply thought you had worked on the packaging for the
previous version and also has built this.  Perhaps I was wrong and you
need some additional help in packaging.  So, did you ever tried
git-buildpackage?  If not you definitely should!  This would be the
only way to prevent miscommunications in the future since if I get a
call for sponsering I simply assume that the sponsee has successfully
built the package on his machine.

You can (and should) read more about git-buildpackage in the Debian
Med policy document

   http://debian-med.alioth.debian.org/docs/policy.html

Hope this helps