[Debian-med-packaging] debian/upstream vs. debian/upstream/signing-key.pgp

Andreas Tille tille at debian.org
Fri Feb 7 07:50:11 UTC 2014

Hi James,

thanks for your patch.  While this is welcome I guess this is the least
of Charles' problems.  I guess he was more concerned about the umegaya
package which probably needs some more love than the simple shell
script.  We also need to fix the UDD importer (but this is similarly
easy to do like the patch you provided) and lintian check for upstream
metadata files.

I keep on wondering if we are doing the right thing to not include
debian-devel into this discussion.  IMHO it does have an additional
advantage to talk about this since this would enhance the awareness of
readers to both things - the debian/upstream directory with the
signature you just included and the metadata.  It could not harm if
people might learn about this since you could conclude from your own
experience if not knowing the debian/upstream file that people just
do not know about things that exist for years.

So I'm tempted to move this thread to debian-devel if nobody else will
be faster.

Kind regards

      Andreas.