[Debian-med-packaging] r16437 - in trunk/packages/python-biopython/trunk/debian: . patches

Philipp Benner philipp at debian.org
Thu Mar 13 17:06:09 UTC 2014

Hi Andreas,

> Strictly speaking this fix is not necessary any more since I recently
> uploaded a dssp package containing a symlink /usr/bin/dssp but the
> patch does not harm and might be helpful for biopython upstream if
> you would report the problem.

Good to know, thanks. Then it makes no sense to keep the patch.

>    Do you maintain some better connection than me
> since I have the impression that my hints and patches are ignored.

Strange, I never had any trouble.

> The approach is probably correct (I had considered this as well) but
> the documentation is wrong since the tests do actually not require
> internet access but rather a running local database server which is
> not ready for using in the build chroot.  So most probably skipping
> the tests is the proper approach but I just commited a better
> documentation inside the rules file as well as README.source to make
> sure we will understand what we did also in future versions.
>
> Unfortunately some failed test are remaining (and I noticed that you
> can only fetch the full log about this via
>
>     pdebuild 2>&1 | tee > ../my_build_log
>
> and only this my_build_log contains things like
>

> Ran 207 tests in 103.129 seconds
>
> FAILED (failures = 3)
>

> but not the default build log. :-(
You might get a more detailed output if you run the respective test
directly. I also have trouble with fonts. It seems that the graphics
tests (reportlab) require some non-free fonts.

> Did you thought about adding autopkgtest control file?
Yes, I would like that, but I thought we first get the tests in a
reasonable state.

Best,
Philipp