[Debian-med-packaging] r16437 - in trunk/packages/python-biopython/trunk/debian: . patches

Andreas Tille tille at debian.org
Thu Mar 13 17:18:05 UTC 2014

Hi Philipp,

On Thu, Mar 13, 2014 at 06:06:09PM +0100, Philipp Benner wrote:
> > Strictly speaking this fix is not necessary any more since I recently
> > uploaded a dssp package containing a symlink /usr/bin/dssp but the
> > patch does not harm and might be helpful for biopython upstream if
> > you would report the problem.
>
> Good to know, thanks. Then it makes no sense to keep the patch.

We do not need to apply the patch in the series file but as I said it
might make sense to forward it upstream.

> >    Do you maintain some better connection than me
> > since I have the impression that my hints and patches are ignored.
>
> Strange, I never had any trouble.

I have answered Peter Cock several times which is documented in the
thread

   https://lists.debian.org/debian-med/2014/03/msg00014.html

but never received any private or public answer.  What contact are
you using?

> > Ran 207 tests in 103.129 seconds
> >
> > FAILED (failures = 3)
> >

> > but not the default build log. :-(
> You might get a more detailed output if you run the respective test
> directly.

Probably.

> I also have trouble with fonts. It seems that the graphics
> tests (reportlab) require some non-free fonts.

I can confirm this.  I have no idea about reportlab and whether it might
be possible in the tests to exchange those tests by free ones or whether
its just a missing build-depends.

> > Did you thought about adding autopkgtest control file?
> Yes, I would like that, but I thought we first get the tests in a
> reasonable state.

Sure!  But since you said you are running the tests manually:  The
autopkgtest is based on a script you could also run manually.  See for
example here

   http://anonscm.debian.org/gitweb/?p=debian-med/python-pysam.git;a=blob;f=debian/tests/run-unit-test

Kind regards