[Debian-med-packaging] [openmolar] 01/01: Initial commit

Dmitry Smirnov onlyjob at debian.org
Tue Mar 18 07:56:45 UTC 2014

Hi Andreas,

On Tue, 18 Mar 2014 08:39:10 Andreas Tille wrote:
> I'm very happy that you are tackling this one to complete our goal to
> cover every field of medicine.  Thanks a lot for this!

Thank you for your kind words. I think your ability to notice and respond to
any change in debian-med is truly amazing.

> As a technical remark:  When using Git as repository we usually use
> the workflow to hold a copy of the upstream source via
>
>    git import-orig --pristine-tar <origtarball>
>
> (see Debian Med team policy for more details).  I personally will not
> insist on this workflow if you might have your reasons but it might
> happen that other team members might stumble upon the different handling
> of this package.

No problems at all. I pushed "upstream" branch with imported upstream tarball
but I prefer "--no-merge" as long as I'm involved into maintenance of this
package. I hope this is not a problem (git-buildpackage should be just fine
with this layout).

--
Cheers,
 Dmitry Smirnov.