[Debian-med-packaging] ITP: r-cran-igraph -- GNU R package for igraph

Andreas Tille andreas at an3as.eu
Sun Apr 5 07:05:32 UTC 2015

Hi Alba,

uhmm, your mail endet up in my SPAM folder - one more good reason to
post to the public list to make sure your mail will be found soon by a
responsible person. [So I keep the Debian Med developer list in CC :-)]

On Thu, Apr 02, 2015 at 12:55:42PM +0200, Alba Crespi wrote:
> Hi,

> > I'm fine with this but could you please maintain phangorn in the Debian
> > Med team?  I have not found any Alioth login of yours
> >

> My alioth login is "albac-guest".

Added to Debian Med.

> I am happy in principle to join the
> Debian Med team, but until now I have never used git, so I will need to
> learn some new things to participate fully.

In Debian Med we also support the option to use SVN at your preference.

> This is also my first time
> making Debian packages, so I think I need to start with one thing at a
> time. :)

While I also subscribe to the do one thing at one time I think using a
Version Control System is evident for proper Debian package maintenance.
Regarding learning Debian packaging you are really welcome in the Debian
Med team since we have a good record in teaching newcomers.  You might
like to consider joining "Mentoring of the Month"

    https://wiki.debian.org/DebianMed/MoM

and since it involves any kind of questions the usage of Git or SVN is
included. :-)

> When do you think that you will have time to upload an r-cran-igraph
> package?

Its in the new queue but new processing is currently quite low (which is
probably due to the freeze of Jessie.  I hope that it will be faster
again after the Jessie release.)

Hope this helps