[Debian-med-packaging] [Python-modules-team] Any reason why python-numpy version 1.9.2 is in experimental?

Andreas Tille andreas at an3as.eu
Tue Aug 4 14:20:17 UTC 2015

Hi Kevin,

it seems I created more trouble in yesterdays update than just ignoring
your push.  I was not aware of #794511 and that it might cause some
delay on the python-numpy 1.9.2 migration to unstable.  We now have
several options:

  1. Do nothing and wait until #794511 will be fixed.  This will put an
     RC bug on python-skbio 0.4.0 since it will not build from source.
  2. Upload to experimental and remove from unstable.
  3. Use an epoch and upload 1:0.2.3-1 to unstable

I'm not happy about either option (shame on my again for doing things
when beeing tired).  Since bug #794511 is a libc++6 transition issue
this might be resolved not that far in time and we choose option 1.

What do you think

      Andreas.