[Debian-med-packaging] Lintian leaves me with error when Build-Depending from qt5-default :-( (Was: C++ / Qt help for Ugene needed)

Gert Wollny gw.fossdev at gmail.com
Fri Dec 11 12:46:02 UTC 2015

Hello Andreas,

On Fri, 2015-12-11 at 13:29 +0100, Andreas Tille wrote:
> qmake: could not find a Qt installation of ''

What I notes here is that for some reason, qtchooser selected the qmake
version from QT4, even though it was not installed, and my
understanding was that qt5-default would force this to QT5. I didn't
check lintian and didn't know that this is considered a meta-package.

>  So what else might qt5-default do besides installing dependencies
> to make qmake happy?  Should I simply override the lintian error?

What qt5-default does is install a link into the qtchooser setup that
makes qt5 the default for qtchooser. I'm a bit surprised that this is
considered to be a meta-package.  Well, the resolution is documented
here [1]:

"You need to export QT_SELECT=qt5 in debian/rules."

Actually, this was my first idea (see commit 4f82d9), but then I
decided that qt5-defaults looks better :/

Best,
Gert

[1] https://wiki.debian.org/Lintian/Tags/depends-on-metapackage