[Debian-med-packaging] IQ-TREE version 1.3.11

Andreas Tille andreas at an3as.eu
Mon Dec 14 09:49:25 UTC 2015

On Mon, Dec 14, 2015 at 10:16:15AM +0100, Bui Quang Minh wrote:
> > Thinking twice about this:  May be via
> >
> >  git submodule init
> >  git submodule update
>
> yes that’s right.

OK.

> > the problem could be solved but that's no option for the packaging
> > process since the packaging needs to work without network connection and
> > by using the content of the tarball exclusively.
>
> I see your point… then one may need to create a real pll subfolder… what do you think?

The tarball simply needs to contain all files needed for compilation or
link against separately packaged libraries.  If pll is a separate
project that makes sense to package separately this could be an
alternative approach.

I think this is also a general consideration.  If you provide a source
tarball this should be complete in a sense that it can be build in
itself (+ known and documented external libraries) and not require to
pull the development Git.

> Minh
> PS: Please remove the manual pdf

OK, I'll do once we know how to design the source tarball properly.

Kind regards and thanks a lot for the very quick replies