[Debian-med-packaging] Seq-Gen

Kevin Murray kevin at kdmurray.id.au
Tue Dec 15 05:18:07 UTC 2015

Hi Andreas,

On 08:42 12/12, Andreas Tille wrote:
> On Sat, Dec 12, 2015 at 06:32:58PM +1100, Kevin Murray wrote:
> > I've contributed to upstream recently. The github link you give is up to date,
> > and 1.3.3 is the latest released version.
>
> If you contributet to upstream you might be in the best position to ask
> for a free license since seq-gen is in non-free.  Do you see any chance
> for this?

I'm not that familiar with upstream's code (or his inclination to free it), but
the non-free status comes from a copy of the PAML source used for fairly
essential internal operations. It seems that it could be replaced, but I doubt
it would be an easy task. Unfortunately.

We could always raise a ticket upstream.

Cheers,

---
Kevin Murray
0xA4B4EE6A