[Debian-med-packaging] Dawg ready for review

Kevin Murray kevin at kdmurray.id.au
Tue Dec 15 05:36:08 UTC 2015

Hi Andreas,

On 10:00 02/12, Andreas Tille wrote:
> thanks for preparing the package.  I pushed a change to add Vcs fields.
>
> Unfortunately there is another problem.  When inspecting the patches I
> even stumbled upon it when reading 0004-Chmod-x-examples.patch since it
> looked new to me that quilt should be able to chmod files.  I guess the
> patches were created from some "Git to Quilt" magic (the guess is also
> supported by the file names).

Correct, this is done with gbp pq. But weirdly, using gbp buildpackage works
fine. Standard git-pbuilder chroot. Weird.

> WHen I try to build it results in

> No file to patch.  Skipping patch.
> dpkg-source: info: the patch has fuzz which is not allowed, or is malformed
> dpkg-source: info: if patch '0004-Chmod-x-examples.patch' is correctly applied by quilt, use 'quilt refresh' to update it
> dpkg-source: error: LC_ALL=C patch -t -F 0 -N -p1 -u -V never -E -b -B .pc/0004-Chmod-x-examples.patch/ --reject-file=- < dawg-1.2.orig.L6hmVM/debian/patches/0004-Chmod-x-examples.patch gave error exit status 1
> dpkg-buildpackage: error: dpkg-source -i.git -I.git -b dawg-1.2 gave error exit status 2
> gbp:error: '~/bin/git-pbuilder' failed: it exited with 2
>
> I personally do not no an other solution for the problem you try to
> solve with this patch than
>
> override_dh_fixperms:
> 	dh_fixperms
> 	chmod -x debian/$(DEBPKGNAME)/...

Removed original patch, added your suggestion and pushed. Seems to all be good
at my end. Could you have another go at an upload please?

Cheers,

P.S., if I sent this twice, forgive me. I have a vague recollection of
responding to this, but can't find any sent mail.

---
Kevin Murray
0xA4B4EE6A