[Debian-med-packaging] Continuing with phybin (Was: Packaging my first haskell package)

Andreas Tille andreas at an3as.eu
Fri Dec 18 08:31:38 UTC 2015

Hi Joachim,

thanks to your very quick reaction.  I noticed that libghc-text was also
accepted quickly by ftpmaster and so I tried my luck to continue with
phybin[1].

The remaining problem was that libghc-text was pinned to version

  libghc-text-dev (>= 0.11), libghc-text-dev (<< 0.12)

I naively dropped the (<< 0.12) restriction and patched phybin.cabal
accordingly which leaded to the expected build problem where I now would
like to ask for further help in porting the code to the current
libghc-text.  Unfortunately upstream has not (yet?) answered my mail
about putting the code on stackage.org - I'd ping again preferably
including a patch porting the code to a recent version.

This is the snippet from the build log:

3 of 8] Compiling Bio.Phylogeny.PhyBin.PreProcessor ( Bio/Phylogeny/PhyBin/PreProcessor.hs, dist-ghc/build/Bio/Phylogeny/PhyBin/PreProcessor.o )
[4 of 8] Compiling Bio.Phylogeny.PhyBin.RFDistance ( Bio/Phylogeny/PhyBin/RFDistance.hs, dist-ghc/build/Bio/Phylogeny/PhyBin/RFDistance.o )

Bio/Phylogeny/PhyBin/RFDistance.hs:313:9:
    Not in scope: `unsafeIOToST'

I hope that the patch is not to hard to find but I personally have
no idea about Haskell and unfortunately need your help here.

Thanks a lot for your help so far

   Andreas.

[1] git://anonscm.debian.org/debian-med/phybin.git