[Debian-med-packaging] picard-tools and htsjdk

Andreas Tille andreas at fam-tille.de
Sun Dec 20 07:08:02 UTC 2015

On Sat, Dec 19, 2015 at 11:31:53PM +0100, Vincent Danjean wrote:
> > as I wrote in my previous mail I just detected some things of what you
> > wrote below on my own.  Please feel free to revert anything I might have
> > messed up in Git (and sorry for beeing impatiently ;-)).
>
>   No problem. I easily merge both.

:-)

>   I see that you also tried to make some progress in picard-tools.
> I uploaded the version 1.138+dfsg.1-1 that was in the git since
> a few weeks (corresponding to the htsjdk uploaded), not the last
> state in git (based on 1.141+dfsg.1-1).
>   I do not know how picard-tools depend on the same version or not
> of libjdk (upstream releases them at the same time with the same
> version number). So I decided to play safe.

I perfectly agree here.  Since I noticed the version bump in
picard-tools I went to htsjdk first.  My intention was to make sure the
versions stay in sync.

>   That said, picard-tool in now in the NEW queue...

I have noticed this. :-)

> > Thanks for your work on this
>
>   Thanks for your work too. I will look at the maven stuff you
> introduce (I'm pretty new to maven).

I'm as new to Maven as you.  I simply got the hint from Debian Java list
when I failed to get a Maven based package to work easily.  I think for
the ease of further dependencies that potentially might use Maven we
should proceeded as I described in README.source (and may be forward our
results upstream.  I admit I have not tested the results successfully
but I received great help in Debian Java team.

Kind regards