[Debian-med-packaging] Continuing with phybin (Was: Packaging my first haskell package)

Charles Plessy plessy at debian.org
Sat Dec 26 12:59:03 UTC 2015

Le Fri, Dec 18, 2015 at 03:03:41PM +0100, Andreas Tille a écrit :
> On Fri, Dec 18, 2015 at 01:06:27PM +0100, Joachim Breitner wrote:
>
> Debian Med repositories have set ACLs to grant commit permissions to DDs.
>
> > although I was not allowed to run the
> > post-commit-hook:
> > remote: hooks/post-receive: 2: exec: /git/debian-med/git-commit-notice: Permission denied

Hi Andreas, Joachim and everybody,

Indeed, it looks like the ACLs do not grant execution rights on
/git/debian-med/git-commit-notice to Debian developers outside the debian-med
group.

plessy at moszumanska:/git/debian-med/phybin.git$ getfacl /git/debian-med/git-commit-notice
# file: git/debian-med/git-commit-notice
# owner: tille
# group: scm_debian-med
user::rwx
group::rwx
group:Debian:r--
group:debian-med:rwx
group:scm_debian-med:rwx
mask::rwx
other::r-x

I did not manage to correct the ACLs with setfacl, but deleting and re-creating
the file from a copy seems to have worked.

plessy at moszumanska:/git/debian-med$ getfacl /git/debian-med/git-commit-notice
# file: git/debian-med/git-commit-notice
# owner: plessy
# group: scm_debian-med
user::rwx
group::rwx
group:Debian:rwx
group:debian-med:rwx
group:scm_debian-med:rwx
mask::rwx
other::r-x

Merry Christmas and happy new year !

PS: I am excited to see haskell programs for bioinformatics arriving in Debian
Med.  This is a fascinating language.  Too bad that I have not yet managed to
write a useful program with it... at the moment my main problem is command-line
argument parsing: there are so many different ways to do it !  But I recognise
that it is actually a difficult problem.  In bioniformatics, with programs
written in C or similar languages, the problem is simply solved by letting things
segfault or crash if unexpected arguments are provided...

Charles

--
Charles Plessy
Debian Med packaging team,