[Debian-med-packaging] Droping symbols file from staden-io-lib?

Andreas Tille andreas at an3as.eu
Sun Jul 5 11:03:49 UTC 2015

Hi Charles,

I tried to udate the staden-io-lib package to the latest upstream
version.  There is the lintian error

E: libstaden-read1: symbols-file-contains-current-version-with-debian-revision on symbol append_int at Base and 15 others

I personally stopped providing any symbols file in the packages I feel
responsible for.  I'm hesitating to delete where somebody else has spent
some time into - but I'm tempted to simply delete this file to get rid
of the error (in exchange for a lintian info about missing symbols
file).

What do you think?

Kind regards