[Debian-med-packaging] package gccxml reached end-of-life, successor castxml now available

Steve M. Robbins steve at sumost.ca
Thu Jul 23 13:38:22 UTC 2015

On July 23, 2015 10:35:57 AM Andreas Tille wrote:

> To my opinion it would be great if castxml could provide a wrapper
> script /usr/bin/gccxml that does the syntax translation above.  I simply
> have commited a proposed script to castxml Git in debian/bin/gccxml for
> your inspection.  Opinions about the sense of this idea are welcome -
> feel free to delete if you think this is not a good idea.

That is an interesting idea.  I hadn't thought of doing that.  I'm going to
run your proposal by castxml/gccxml upstream (Brad King) to see if he has any
comments or suggestions.  (I suspect I may have missed some use cases)

I hesitate a little to include it in castxml because it means a
conflicts/replaces/etc nightmare.  However, we could, alternatively, replace
the gccxml source package with this script and upload it as a new version of
gccxml package (depending on castxml).  Any thoughts on this proposal?

Thanks,
-Steve