[Debian-med-packaging] Please update from ITK v3 to v4 [Re: RM: insighttoolkit -- ROM; Obsoleted by insighttoolkit4]

Steve M. Robbins steve at sumost.ca
Sat Sep 12 23:08:11 UTC 2015

On August 12, 2015 10:01:36 PM Steve M. Robbins wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Previously on debian-med, I proposed that ITK v3 be dropped from the archive
> [1].  The only respondent agreed with that.  So I filed for removal [2] and
> received notice that several packages still depend on ITK v3 (e.g. on
> libinsighttoolkit3-dev).  Could those package maintainers update to v4,
> please?

If you've already updated: thanks!  If not:

Just an update to say that a GCC5-compatible ITK v4 is in experimental now --
at least for amd64 (I'm looking at the x86 build failure now).

The ITK v3 is not GCC5-compatible so as soon as your program depending on ITK
v3 is rebuilt, it may well fail.

-Steve