[Debian-med-packaging] Comments regarding harvest-tools_1.2-1_amd64.changes

Andreas Tille andreas at fam-tille.de
Thu Apr 14 06:46:19 UTC 2016

Hi Todd,

I'd like to report that harvest-tool is now accepted in Debian.  It is
now in the so called unstable tree and will migrate into testing if it
turns out free of bugs (not necessarily in your code but may be in some
packaging details).  If this is the case it will be part of the next
stable Debian release (may be spring next year).  To deliver it to users
of current Debian stable users I plan to do a so called backport.  It
will also automatically be part of Ubuntu 16.10.

Now I'll move on with ParSNP but need to resolve the issue with PhiPack
that there is no license yet for this code.  I admit I'm wondering
whether you consider this quite "hidden" >10 years old tool to do
something quite common like Phi tests but I try to contact the author.

Please have a look at the remark of Debian ftpmaster.  The metadata
like
    name = "ParSNP"
    license = "Perl Artistic License"
and others do not really fit the other information in this tarball and
is most probably a cut-n-pasto.

Kind regards

      Andreas.