[Debian-med-packaging] Need help to upgrade libnetlib-java package

Andreas Tille andreas at an3as.eu
Tue Apr 19 08:02:27 UTC 2016

Hi Benjamin,

On Sat, Apr 16, 2016 at 06:21:43PM +0200, Benjamin Mesing wrote:
> ok, so  oss-parent seems to be not in Debian (it is here: https://repo1
> .maven.org/maven2/org/sonatype/oss/oss-parent/7/oss-parent-7.pom).
> If it really is required, it need to be packaged.
>
> I tried to remove the parent entry from generator/pom, and build
> without it. Maybe oss-parent is not essential.
> When I do this, I get:
>     [WARNING] The POM for org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-install-
>     plugin:jar:2.5.2 is missing, no dependency information available
> and later on
>     [ERROR] Plugin org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-install-plugin:2.5.2
>     or one of its dependencies could not be resolved: Cannot access
>     central (    https://repo.maven.apache.org/maven2    ) in offline mode and
>     the artifact org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-install-plugin:jar:2.5.2
>     has not been downloaded from it before. -> [Help 1]
> This happens, even after I installed maven-install-plugin which I find
> rather strange.
>
> Maybe this brings you a step closer and you have an idea how to go on.

This sounds like a probable alternative.  If there is no better idea I
might start with packaging it from here[1].  However, it also might be
avoidable according to this mail[2] - so there might be a way to
circumvent packaging more and more stuff I do not really understand.

Any further hint?

Kind regards

      Andreas.

[1] https://github.com/sonatype/oss-parents