[Debian-med-packaging] SleepyHead

Sergio Durigan Junior sergiodj at sergiodj.net
Wed Apr 27 17:03:58 UTC 2016

On Wednesday, April 27 2016, Andreas Tille wrote:

> On Wed, Apr 27, 2016 at 04:31:56PM +0100, Daniel James Wainwright wrote:
>> Hello all,
>> I'm curious to know what the proper way to go about getting a newer
>> (i.e. the latest) version of SleepyHead into the Debian project flow
>> is.
>>
>> Is this the right team to ask, if not who should I talk to please? :)
>
> This is the right place to ask.  Alternatively you could file a bug
> report using
>
>      reportbug sleepyhead
>
> use
>
>      "New version available"

Hi Daniel and Andreas,

> as subject of the bug and choose severity=wishlist.  However, I'm afraid
> if this ends up in the Ubuntu tracker this might not reach the persons
> who really care (I have no idea about the Ubuntu bug tracker,
> admittedly).

Yeah, I guess the best option would be to report the bug directly using
Debian's BTS.

Daniel, I am the person responsible for this package, so if you want to
contact me directly the next time, feel free to do so.

> However, the information your mail is lacking what exact version you
> want since as far as I can see newer versions of sleepyhead are named
> "beta" and I personally have no information whether version 0.9.8 or
> 1.0.0-beta-2 might be the more stable release.

0.9.8 is the current stable release on Debian.  I assume Daniel means
updating to the 1.0.0-beta-2.  I'll take a look.

> Please be more verbose and we'll care for an upload (Sergio, please
> pull my latest changes from packaging Git and update the packaging at
> you best knowledge, since I have no idea about this software at all).

Right, I'll do that.

Thanks,

--
Sergio
GPG key ID: 237A 54B1 0287 28BF 00EF  31F4 D0EB 7628 65FC 5E36