[Debian-med-packaging] [med-svn] [kineticstools] 01/01: pristine-tar data for kineticstools_0.6.1+dfsg.orig.tar.xz

Andreas Tille tille at debian.org
Sun Dec 25 07:14:16 UTC 2016

Hi Afif,

On Sat, Dec 24, 2016 at 09:52:38PM -0800, Afif Elghraoui wrote:
> Ok. I should document the upstream source retrieval in README.source.
> Because upstream doesn't want to tag releases,

You reported this before.  I now intentionally ignored this and filed an
upstream issue.  It might help if more and more DDs might get on their
nerves. :-P

I think technically release tags are an important part of software
development and it belongs to our duty to teach upstream who are
ignoring this since it also affects our work.

Kind regards

       Andreas.

[1] https://github.com/PacificBiosciences/kineticsTools/issues/49