[Debian-med-packaging] Need help to upgrade libmtj-java package

Andreas Tille andreas at an3as.eu
Thu Jan 28 20:40:24 UTC 2016

Hi,

I'm in the process to upgrade libmtj-java and when doing so moving it
from Debian Med team to Debian Java team.  The build system has switched
from ant to maven.  I've commited my current work to pkg-java git[1].

What is currently confusing me that possibly some versions of
Build-Dependencies are enforced but I have no idea how this works.  For
instance the log says:

[WARNING] The POM for org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-deploy-plugin:jar:2.7 is missing, no dependency information available
[WARNING] Failed to retrieve plugin descriptor for org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-deploy-plugin:2.7: Plugin org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-deploy-plugin:2.7 or one of its dependencies  could not be resolved: Cannot access central (https://repo.maven.apache.org/maven2) in offline mode and the artifact org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-deploy-plugin:jar:2.7 has not been   downloaded from it before.
[WARNING] The POM for org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-site-plugin:jar:3.3 is missing, no dependency information available
[WARNING] Failed to retrieve plugin descriptor for org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-site-plugin:3.3: Plugin org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-site-plugin:3.3 or one of its dependencies      could not be resolved: Cannot access central (https://repo.maven.apache.org/maven2) in offline mode and the artifact org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-site-plugin:jar:3.3 has not been     downloaded from it before.

Since these are only warnings I wonder whether these are needed at all.

There are also warnings about missing plugins:

   coveralls-maven-plugin
   maven-java-formatter-plugin

which we do not have in Debian (as far as I can see).  Regarding further
warnings:

 [WARNING] The POM for com.github.fommil.netlib:all:pom:debian is missing, no dependency information available

Well, when finalising libnetlib-java I intend to add a working maven
control file.

 [WARNING] The POM for org.projectlombok:lombok:jar:debian is missing, no dependency information available

No idea what this means and if this is really needed.

 [WARNING] The POM for com.github.fommil:java-logging:jar:debian is missing, no dependency information available

Same here: No idea what this means and if this is really needed.
For the real errors we have:

[ERROR] Failed to execute goal on project mtj: Could not resolve dependencies for project com.googlecode.matrix-toolkits-java:mtj:jar:1.0.4: The following artifacts could not be        resolved: com.github.fommil.netlib:all:pom:debian, org.projectlombok:lombok:jar:debian, com.github.fommil:java-logging:jar:debian: Cannot access sonatype-releases (https://oss.sonatype.org/content/repositories/releases/) in offline mode and the artifact com.github.fommil.netlib:all:pom:debian has not been downloaded from it before. -> [Help 1]

Hopefully this could be solved with a proper maven control file in
libnetlib-java.

Any hints whether something else than a fixed libnetlib-java might
be needed and I can prepare this in parallel.

Kind regards

         Andreas.

[1] https://anonscm.debian.org/pkg-java/libmtj-java.git