[Debian-med-packaging] Status htslib?

Charles Plessy plessy at debian.org
Sat Jan 30 14:02:00 UTC 2016

Le Sat, Jan 30, 2016 at 02:33:59PM +0100, Andreas Tille a écrit :

> I noticed some commits for the new tabix version 1.3.  For the moment it
> does not build due to necessary changes in the symbols file.  Do you plan
> to finish the work on this package and to update this file?  If you want
> me to step in I'd simply delete the symbols file.

Hi Andreas and everybody,

I think that I was waiting for the outcome of the discussion with Upstream, for
which there was a conclusion this week.  Sorry that I forgot already the
conclusion (patch ?  not patch ?)  In any case, once this decisison has been
made, the symbols file can be updated.

I am personally in favor of using a symbols file for the htslib but if the
other people working on it dislike this system, then you can delete it.  I
think that I have explained enough times why I think that if there would be
only a single package in which to use the symbols system in Debian Med, it
would be htslib.

I can update the file but will not have time for extras.  Thus, if nobody else
than me wants / can update the file, I think that it will be a good reason
to delete it.

Have a nice week-end,

--
Charles Plessy