[Debian-med-packaging] C++ help needed for libsmithwaterman

Gert Wollny gw.fossdev at gmail.com
Wed Jun 22 12:54:35 UTC 2016

Hello Andreas,

Am Mittwoch, den 22.06.2016, 14:22 +0200 schrieb Andreas Tille:
> Hi,
>
> I need to package libsmithwaterman[1] as a pre-pre-dependency for
> some Debian Med package.  The code comes with a manually crafted
> Makefile that simply creates an executable while the pre-depencency
> of my package[2] needs a devel package (tries to include one of the
> contained headers SmithWatermanGotoh.h).
For this one should probably add installation of the header files :)
Since the header file in question includes other headers of the project
it might be best to put the header files into a sub-directory and also
create a pkg-config file.

I'll see what I can do to add these things, I expect to push this later
today or tomorrow.

> I considered it the easiest way to build the lib by adding
> configure.ac and Makefile.am as quilt patch and use autoconf which
> does at least to the point where some C++ error stops the build (due
> to stricter compile options).  Any hint how to fix:
Actually, the original Makefile doesn't touch the offending file
SWMain.cpp, which means you just shouldn't compile it at all. It also
doesn't make much sense to add into the library since it defines a main
function.

best,
Gert