[Debian-med-packaging] Stacks migration

Andreas Tille andreas at an3as.eu
Wed Mar 9 09:06:28 UTC 2016

Hi Fabian,

thanks for helping Kevin with the migration (and explaining in
addition).  If anybody has problems in doing so:  I've filed a bug to
git-svn including patch which is not answered by the Git maintainer :-(
which in some cases (about 5%) makes the procedure fail.  If you might
run into this feel free to ping me - I keep a copy of the patched git
package and can do the transition for you.

On Wed, Mar 09, 2016 at 09:52:53AM +0100, Fabian Klötzl wrote:

> Forgot to reply to the whole list. Sorry for the duplicate, Kevin.
>
> On 09.03.2016 09:51, Fabian Klötzl wrote:
> > Done. The git repo is set up and should build all right. If you
> > agree, the svn repository can be cleaned.

This is what I usually do right after the move to prevent others from
doing new commits to SVN.  Its done for stacks now.  Please always drop
a README.status file there since several Vcs URLs might point to the old
location.

Kind regards

       Andreas, slowly recovering from vacation.