[Debian-med-packaging] Sponsoring many uploads

Mattia Rizzolo mattia at debian.org
Thu Mar 17 10:31:27 UTC 2016

On Thu, Mar 17, 2016 at 09:13:17PM +1100, Kevin Murray wrote:
> Hi all
>
> I have many updated packages that need an upload. These are:
>
> - axe-demultiplexer: fix vcs-git url

I had some spare minutes, so I did only this, but:

* you hadn't fixed vcs-git, I fixed it.  you used /cgit/, which is valid
  only in Vcs-Browser (you can't clone from it).  I just used /git/
  which since a month or so is valid for both fields
* I also bumped Standards-Version to the last relase of debian-policy.
  Lintian is noisy about this, which makes me think you didn't run it
* I also removed a couple of useless lines from d/rules: the dpkg
  buildflags are exported by debhelper in compat level 9, see
  debhelper(7) for more information

For the next upload, please also remember to bump the copyright years of
the debian/* part :) (and I noted there is not your email address in
that file, I think it should be there too)

> - python-skbio: new upstream release
> - scythe: Fix d/watch
> - libzstd: New upstream release w/ FTBFS bugfix

If nobody beats me I can do the rest later today right after lunch
maybe.  Maybe consider having a look at the others in the light of what
I wrote above ;)

> (P.s. sorry to dump these like this, I've been queueing them till I get DM
> status, but that won't be for a while so better upload them now)

people shouldn't really worry about bothering the sponsors to have
packages uploaded!  I'm all for "upload early upload often" :D

Just that I don't find requesting sponsorhip via ML that handy from a
sponsor POV, but nvm…

--
regards,
                        Mattia Rizzolo