[Debian-med-packaging] Sponsoring many uploads

Andreas Tille andreas at an3as.eu
Thu Mar 17 17:12:41 UTC 2016

On Thu, Mar 17, 2016 at 01:13:51PM +0000, Mattia Rizzolo wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 17, 2016 at 09:13:17PM +1100, Kevin Murray wrote:
> > - python-skbio: new upstream release
> > - scythe: Fix d/watch
> > - libzstd: New upstream release w/ FTBFS bugfix
>
> the last one is missing all the debian/* tags.  Can whoever have them
> (Andreas?) push them?
>
> uploaded them all :)

This is an effect of bad communication who should tag.  We clarified
that at the last sprint that it is logical that the sponsor is tagging
what is really uploaded.  I missed this, sorry.  So there are no tags
(yet) and if we want to tag properly we should compare with what was
really uploaded.

> Please have a look at the changes I also added.
> You must know I'm particularly picky on those tiny things.

Its really appreciated if somebody featuring this level of pickyness is
checking the packages.  Finally we might come close to the status of
pkg-perl team. ;-)

> As I said earlier, please update d/copyright with 2016 and your email
> too.
>
> > (P.s. sorry to dump these like this, I've been queueing them till I get DM
> > status, but that won't be for a while so better upload them now)
>
> again, whenever :)
> (I just need a better method to track sponsorship request done via plain
> emails...)

As long as we did not had so many sponsors it worked like this.  Do you
have a suggestion how to do better.  I personally consider the RFS
mechanism via BTS a bit overkill and time consuming.

Kind regards