[Debian-med-packaging] Why does dh_installdebconf not add translations?

Andreas Tille andreas at an3as.eu
Fri Sep 9 07:45:19 UTC 2016

Hi,

I tried to add translations to the debconf template of metaphlan2-data[1].
Unfortunately if I call

    fakeroot dh_installdebconf

the resulting debian/metaphlan2-data/DEBIAN/templates is basically a copy
of debian/templates:

$ diff debian/metaphlan2-data/DEBIAN/templates debian/templates
4c4
---

The content of the provided debian/po/de.po is not contained in the result.

I wonder what I'm missing here.

Warning: Building the package itself takes a long time due to the large
dataset.  So if you want to track down this specific issue just try
dh_installdebconf to safe time.

Remark: Enhancements / proof reading of the debconf template text are
welcome as well.  Due to the large data set I do not like to change the
text afterwards.

Kind regards

      Andreas.

[1] https://anonscm.debian.org/git/debian-med/metaphlan2-data.git